Dear Tobacco Users who are trying to quit on January 1st,
First off, good for you! Deciding to quit smoking/dipping is awesome. Okay, now that I have that out of the way...
Why are you acting like such a turd? Seriously. I am trying to help you. And although you must think my idea of a good time is sitting on the phone with you for 45 minutes why why you are quitting for your cat's health and not your 2 year old that has asthma- it is not. Way not.
Yes, quitting smoking is hard. But there is no reason for you to be mean. And definitely no reason at all for you to yell at me. I am sure you are a perfectly nice person when you are going through withdrawals, so can you try to find that part of you that isn't condescending and spiteful and be nice. Heck, you don't even have to be nice, just not super mean.
I have thick skin. I've had some tough jobs. I've been punched at, broken up fights, cursed out more times than I can count. I did suicide hotline for a while. What I'm getting at is that you aren't hurting my feelings any, I mostly just feel sorry for you going through this tough process, but it sure does make for a long day for a quit coach. I will talk to you as little or as much as you want me to, I am just here to support you so if you could remember that before you berate me I would very much appreciate it because I am really really tired.
Sincerely,
Ashley
PS. If all you needed was willpower to quit then why didn't you quit like 17 quit attempts ago? Think maybe you ought to try a different approach?
No comments:
Post a Comment