Monday, December 27, 2010

Indian Tacos

So I've mentioned Indian tacos several times down here and no one seems to know what I am talking about. Is it an Okie thing? If so, I'm so very sad for the other 49 states because Indian Tacos are AMAZING. I took some pictures when we were in Tulsa (this was our Christmas lunch) so I could attempt to portray their deliciousness.

Start by making some fry bread, I think it's just buttermilk and flour. I think my dad took this picture (he loves the up-high shots) unbeknowst to us, you can see how very helpful Andy and I are being in the kitchen helping my mom out ;)


Fry that baby up!


Okay, fry bread is delicious on it's own. Heck anything fried is delicious right? Well things are about to get crazy up in here. Are you ready for your mind to be blown?
ADD CHILI.
ADD CHEESE.
And this is a case where more is more. Heck, you are already eating a piece of fry bread the size of your plate, why skimp out now a few hundred more calories?

Now on top of that chili you add whatever the heck your heart desires...



Behold it's greatness. I sure am, in fact, I just may have to make that my computer's wallpaper for awhile. Mmmmmmmmm.....

3 comments:

  1. My coworker was telling me that she made something similar and she called them Navajo tacos, and I think Cheesecake factory has something really similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! We should attempt to make these sometime. Sounds like y'all had a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! We should totally have an Indian taco night, everyone brings a topping. Fun! I need your help frying them up though cause frying stuff scares me!

    ReplyDelete