Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

So on the forever long drive home yesterday I unbuttoned my pants. You know it's been a good trip when your pants don't fit anymore. I couldn't even be upset about it because I enjoy the holiday so very very much. Plus, what is the whole January 1st thong if not to delude yourself into believing that this will be the year that you get your act together and stop binging on peanut M&M's and laying on the couch watching work out videos. I digress. The point is that this Christmas rocked. Now on to my way too long, with more pictures than anyone other than my immediate family wants to see post....

We left Wednesday and drove to OKC to hang out with Andy's mom, we exchanged presents (she got me some way awesome Beatles stuff I'm pretty psyched about) and made some candy mice.



Then we left Thursday morning and headed up to Tulsa to my family. As always, it's nice to just hang out, be with my family, be goofy, eat lots, and watch cable (lame but exciting to use since we've never had it- and who in their right mind wouldn't be pumped to watch a show about a woman obsessed with eating toilet paper? Come on now, there's just some things you can't get with rabbit ears).

One night we went to Wolfgang Puck's restaurant. I felt like such a fancy pants. Needless to say, ol' Wolfgang has got his shiz-nick together and we had some crazy good food.

A terrible shot of some of our appetizers

My amazing salmon

After Wolfie's we went to my dad's station for a second and while the "adults" (nothing like going home to make you feel like a kid again) were talking to some of my dad's co-worker, we snuck off to take some pictures at the news desk.

"You think you're too cool for school. But I got a news flash for you, Walter Cronkite…you aren't" *Quick- name that movie!!!*


Pretending we are on Jerry Springer


We also played some serious ping pong, singles, doubles, and my favorite- around the world!


And what's Christmas without fear that a full-on wrestling brawl can break out at any moment? Brian and Andy have been wrestling for years, I remember it happening in my tiny apartment in college, they don't seem to mind time or place, just as long as they can get the other one in a choke hold and talk ridiculous amounts of smack. This was as we were leaving, I like to think that this is their way of saying "I love you bro"


And of course the main event of Christmas, sitting around with blankets and dog in front of the fire watching Christmas movies




Molly loves to walk around on her back legs and this skill comes into particular use in the kitchen- she was eye-ballin those roasted veggies!



On the way home we stopped in the city again and I got to have lunch with some of my oldest and dearest friends, Holly and Marie, unfortunately I forgot to get a picture. Then we headed over to my other forever friend's brand spankin new house to see Sara and Drew. Holy Moley. They just bought an amazing house, wait, I don't even think house is a grand enough word to describe what they are living in....it is a fortress of awesomeness. I'm so happy for them and drooled my way through my tour of the house. Here is my sweet friend with her super fancy pot filler- see? Way cool.



So, that's it. We had a good Christmas and are very happy to be home and looking forward to 2011. Hope everyone else had an unbutton-your-pants kind of Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment