Friday, February 5, 2010

Projects, projects, and then some more projects

Sorry for the lack of posts, we have been busy little bees! Unfortunately nothing blog-worthy. I mean, I know you guys are my friends/family, but I'm not going to subject to the perils of dry-walling our garage. Yes, that is what we did all last weekend. Yes, it was 30 degrees. Yes, it was bad timing. No, I did not do it with a joyful heart. I tried to...but it just wasn't happening....
So we got to use our new concrete mixer (who knew concrete could be fun?) and poured a concrete slab on the side of the house for Andy to build a little storage unit for his metal, ripped out a lot of janky rotted dry wall in the garage, replaced it, painted the walls sandstone gray, and are in the process of slowly putting everything back in the garage.
Then I decided I wanted my own project to work on (aka: needed an excuse to not freeze my hiney off in the garage) so I decided to tackle "the yellow room". So I painted the walls and the ceiling! Then I realized painting is just about the only thing I could do on my own, so been waiting for Andy to put up the new baseboards and crown molding, which we worked on last night till about 11pm. Tomorrow I am going to paint them and then we will be done...for now. I am super happy with the way it turned out, and will post pictures next week!
I never really thought that I was a neat freak, but having all the contents of the garage (which is A LOT: imagine a Sears tool dept exploding inside your house) scattered throughout most our house made me insane. Not like "wow, it's really annoying to crawl over this welder to get into bed" but more like "I CANNOT handle this mess one second longer!" and feeling anxiety everything I look at it. I'm very happy that we are having a Super Bowl Party so we have a deadline of this Sunday to "git er done"!
Hope everyone is staying warm on toasty and had a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that you will get it all taken care of! I'm excited about this weekend!

    ReplyDelete