Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not so great outdoors.....

I gave up. That's the only way to excuse/explain/justify my scary back yard. I know nothing about grass, I'm too cheap to water it consistently, and because it's so ugly I don't spend much time out there so I pretend the 3 foot weeds don't exist....
Proof:

This dandelion was quite impressive, part of me almost wanted to keep it just to see how big would get...


I really want to take advantage of our deck this summer and be able to invite people in the back yard without it having to be dark outside so they won't judge....
We had beautiful weather this weekend and I was getting over a nasty cold/whatever is going around this week so we laid low this weekend and worked on the yard a little. Andy mowed and edged (and of course worked on his car a lot) and got potted a few things

A few of the potted plants...

Tomatoes (I know they don't quite need the support thingy, but I put it up so it would know I have high expectations for it)....

Strawberries (hopefully one day)!

After months of pestering I finally got Andy to build me my compost bin! I love it and am so happy when I get to take my some kitchen scraps out there and feel and green and know that I am making "back gold" (haha mom, that's for you)


And yes, if I'm being realistic most of these suckers will last about 3 weeks before I kill them off, but let a girl dream...in my gardening fantasy I have cute garden clogs with pink shovel that I tote out every Saturday morning to care for my beautiful thriving plants that make the neighbors jealous. Oh and while I'm dreaming I also have a huge vegetable garden in which I have a plethora of big juicy heirloom tomatoes that I have to give away because I have so many. Sigh. Back to my 3 foot weed reality....

No comments:

Post a Comment