So a month or two ago I was out and about meeting some friends for lunch and when it came time to leave....the car wouldn't go. It was awesome timing though because Ruby was overdue for a nap and we had friends with us, one of which was only a couple weeks old. So, yeah, super awesome. So, our other friend came back and picked us all up and took us home and Andy borrowed a truck from a friend to come possibly haul the car back to our house. He gets up there and, of course, the car starts right up! So he comes all the way back home to get me so we can get the car. Wow, if you are still reading this, you are either 1) bored to tears 2) my mom.
Anyways, here's what came of this big fiasco. When we went back up there, where were across the street from the greatest store that ever was. IKEA baby! So, after I batted my eyelashes a few times at Andy he agreed we should make the most of having a truck. I mean, clearly the universe was telling us to buy lots of stuff at Ikea, who am I to argue with that?
So we bought shelving. Man did I take the scenic route to get to that or what? Let's get on the pictures!
 |
| Ruby very excited about all the big boxes to crawl on |
 |
| BEFORE- too small and way too sad of a bookshelf |
Okay, so sad little bookshelf needed a new home and I had the perfect place- she is now the new and improved happy craft bookshelf in the back of my closet!
 |
| Before- look at all that wasted waste just begging to be used |
 |
My own little craft corner...well not a corner...my own little craft cove! I like that even better, it's like where pirates would craft!
|
|
So eventually the guest room with be Ruby's room and since it's the way
bigger of the two bedrooms then it will also be kinda the playroom as
well. So, we wanted mucho shelving for mucho kid stuff. For now it does
look kinda empty but when you live in a 1300 square foot house, you
don't get "empty" very much so I'm relishing all the empty shelves and
completely empty bins. I have zero doubt they will be filled one day
with all sorts of blocks, books, art supplies, old pb&j's that I
don't find stashed away till I smell them out.....awww....it will be so
fun!  |
| Since this room is right next to Ruby's and the tinniest little noise wakes her up we couldn't do any of the assembly while she was asleep. She was not thrilled with the only way we found to contain her while we had tools and tiny little screws she was obsessed with. |
|
|
 |
| Added some fabric to the back for a little fun/we had to rip out the chair rail and I didn't want to fix it |
Okay, the 2nd shelf we bought was for our bedroom. We loved our office in there so we needed some more storage space for all our staplers. Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment