Monday, October 1, 2012

12 Month

 One year. We got there. There was blood, sweat, and lots of tears (on both sides) along the way but what a wonderful year. I knew it would be so fun to have a kid but we just love it and talk nearly daily about how blessed we are that we get to be her parents. I have a feeling I will say this every single year of her life (maybe not so much those teenage years) but it just keeps getting better and better. We are learning about our girl and who she is. And she happens to be kinda awesome.

Alright let's do some stats:
Weight: 19lbs 14oz (30%)
Heighth: 29 1/4 in (54%)
Head: 44cm (38%)

-She has eight teeth and doctor said he felt her molars about to come in. Eeek.Poor girl.

-Still wears 9 month clothing, has a few 6 month outfits that still fit. Since she has been wearing the same clothes for many many months now, this means most of her clothes have seen better days, ready for her to move up a clothing size. At the rate she's going she will be able to wear the 18mo clothes I have for her this winter, next Christmas!

-Started doing some signing to us! She can sign "more" and "all done". It's pretty cool and I'm even more motivated to work on other signs now.

-Love music, taking things out of boxes, string of any kind, stickers, pretend talking on her phone, any kind of nursery rhymes with hand gestures, crunching up paper, and following Molly around.

-Biggest news is that she is WALKING! It's just so crazy to see walk around like no big deal. She took her first step about a month ago but now she can walk across the living room no problem. If she's holding my hand she can walk as far as she wants.

Walking fool!

Discovering the world



It's really hard to get a good picture of her these days b/c she's either moving around too fast or focused on something and then I take it away so she will look at me and then she throws a fit (thus this picture)

She got sick one night and it was just the saddest thing ever to see her so pitiful, but she wanted to snuggle and be held so I was also happy to do so!



Since none of her pants really fit I sewed her up some leg warmers. I love them b/c you don't have to take anything off to change her diaper.



More obsessed than ever with Molly!

Tutu and wings from the Mapes!

The diaper bag is emptied out at least once a day

Got some legos for her birthday from my grandma, she loooooves them. Can't put them together but loves stashing them in weird places and pulling them apart.

I always wanted a feisty girl and boy did God deliver on that one. If she's not happy then she definitely let's you know it.


First time at the park with dad, he was impressed at how good she was at climbing up the stairs!
Loves to swing

Ruby Ann has made us an even happier family...

No comments:

Post a Comment