Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Whirlwind of a trip

OKLAHOMA. The land of my childhood, the land of some of the people I love most in the world, and my most favorite place to visit. A couple weeks back I was brave/dumb/naive and thought driving our $1800 car that I just learned how to drive (it is a manual) up to Oklahoma without Andy and with a dog and baby that hates the car would be okay. Well, it was. We survived. It wasn't pretty at times. There was hysterical screaming (nearly from more than one of us), there was dog puking incident that made things extra fun, but gosh darn it- we made it!

 Since Ruby is such a stinker in the car we had to break up the trip but it worked out really well. So first leg of the trip we just drove to Waxahachie and spend the night with Andy's mom and then she drove with us to OKC and sat in the back and played with Ruby which was so helpful.



Then I spend the weekend with my BFF Sara, Drew, and their sweet baby I was crazy excited to meet- Mackenzie.

How can she not just melt your heart? Uh, that face!


I love George (Sara's dad) and boy did Ruby love George, they played together for a long time.

My favorite OKC girls




Ruby had a rough night and so the next morning I was a little tired but Sara spoiled me with a souffle and mimosa! What a wonderful way to start the day.

the.best.picture.that.ever.was.

It was a relaxing and fun weekend and Sara and Drew were wonderful host to me and my little rambunctious girl that was all over the place. Hopefully I didn't scare them too much about having a 10 month old. Love you guys!

Alright, then Sunday evening we headed up to Tulsa.......

No comments:

Post a Comment