So my parents brought us rocks when they came to visit. And these rocks deserve a blog post of their own. I love them. And yes, I may be a little more (a lot) more excited than most people get about rocks but these are special rocks.
They are Weleetka rocks. Weleetka Okalahoma is where my pawpaw and grandma lived. My pawpaw passed away a few years ago and I still miss him and sometimes think about him looking down on us from heaven. Man, didn't see a rock post getting me all weepy eyed.
Moving on....what I'm getting at is I love my memories with them. We rode four wheelers, herded cattle, rode pigs, had huge bonfires, swan in the river, built forts, just simply had so much fun. More fun than any video game or trip to mall could offer us "big city" kids. So, my grandma still lives there and so I asked my parents if they would mind getting me a few rocks next time they visit.
And boy did they!
| like christmas morning! |
| weird hunched over excited me, also i'm sorry for the temporary blindness from the whiteness of my legs, your vision should come back momentarily |
| my rocks. |
| this one still had manure on it! the things that get me excited... |
We have some plans to use the rest of them in the backyard but we need to dig a bunch of dead stuff up, lay down weed blockers, put a bunch of egg rocks in the beds, and then of course place our beautiful Weleetka rocks.
Thank you Grandma for sharing. These rocks will have to do for now until we can finally come and visit you. Thank you mom for helping to pick out some good rocks, and big thanks to dad for loading, unloading, then loading back up just to unload them just so I can have some rocks. Love all you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment