Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Playin' Around

Ruby is a handful. Like I look away and she is playing in Molly's dog bowl/eating a cotton ball/stuck under the desk/hiding behind a chair (all of these things happened just this morning). I also feel really strongly that my job is no longer to just keep her alive (our only goal the first few months, I'm glad we succeeded) but to start getting those brain cells a poppin' and help her to explore this world as much as I can. So, we've been trying to do some fun activities lately....

We "fished" for bananas. She was good. But she also really likes bananas. I kept making it harder by cutting the pieces smaller and smaller and she got every last one.

Then we attempted some finger painting. Literally everything she touches goes in her mouth, so I just added a little bit of food coloring to some yogurt for her to "paint" with....


I would say she ate at least half of her "paint" and this activity lasted all of about 10 minutes with a whole lotta clean up but worth it nonetheless!



We had bought this tube for Molly to run through and jump over years ago and brought it out for Ruby to play with and she wasn't too interested, even with dad showing her how to do it!



It's been so much fun the past few months being able to play with her and see her happy and watch her learn. I know this is just the beginning too! I cannot wait to do arts and crafts with her, we are just going to have so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment