This post is about 3 weeks late but hey better late than never right?
Our sweet Ruby is now 2 whole months old! Last month I was a little bit sad at fast this is all going, and I know I will still miss those teeny tiny newborn cuddles, however she is turning into a little person and it's just so cool to get to know her. It makes me so excited to see her grow up.
Here are some Ruby facts:
She loves to be swaddled but when she decides it's time to get up she can bust out of that swaddle like it's nothing. There have been many mornings that I've gone in and her swaddle is not only undone but she has kicked it completely off of her.
She is pretty consistent with her schedule. Right now we are doing on demand feedings (she calls the shots) and she definitely has a clear pattern of what she likes. It is nice though because I almost always know what is wrong or what she wants if she starts crying.
She is a sleeper! She is going a solid six hours at least every night and then usually like four more after that. During the day she takes a couple of 2-3 hour naps. I am SO very thankful for what a good sleeper she is, it really makes such a difference that I can get some good sleep at night and a little bit of downtime during the day to get stuff done.
She loves to get out of the house. Especially stores where she is just chilling out in her car seat and can just look around. Her eyes are usually just really big and you can tell she is just trying to take it all in. She always takes really good long naps after we go out too.
She loves music. She has a couple of musical toys that she just lights up when they are playing. Also I sing to her a lot and she seems to really like that too. Sometimes she will even coo along with me, this is pretty much my favorite thing in the entire world.
She is smiling! Since she was born I've been talking about how much I wanted to see her smile and now she is. I'm kind of obsessed with seeing that sweet gummy smile. I just can't get enough of it. I spent a good part of the morning trying to get a good picture of it, every time I would put the camera down she would smile really big, it was a game to her. Tricky girl.
Her hair shows no sign of falling out or changing color, it is still beautifully red and refuses to go anything but stick straight up. I just love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment