Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy 29th Birthday to Andy!

Today Andy begins his last year of being a 20 something- next year is the big one! I'm so proud of the man he is and just wanted to take a second to brag on the birthday boy.

I fell in love with Andy a long time ago. I don't know if what I felt 15 years old was love but I knew he was something special. He was different, not in a weird way, okay a little bit in a weird way, but definitely no one else like him. He was both super intense and focused but also really silly and fun loving. And talk about hard working, he was the only 17 year old I knew that had a work beeper because he was assistant manager at Kinkos, regularly working overnight and then coming straight to school. Also, it didn't hurt he drove a crazy nice 1956 Chevy pick up truck that was so loud I could hear when he turned onto our street, yeah, he was crush worthy for sure.

Now let's fast forward about 12 years. Here we are...married, house, kid, the whole dream we use to talk about when we would have our 6 hour phone calls that went well into the night (that undoubtedly ended with "You hang up", "No, you hang up" Gag..). When I stop and think about it I am really living my 16 year old dream. Now getting back to Andy what I want to say is that I am living this life because of sweet Andy and his loving, forgiving, gracious heart. He has supported me in every way possible over this last decade of my life and I don't know where I would be without him. He makes me laugh, think, love, and smile like no one else can. Just when I thought it wasn't possible to admire and care for him any more, our sweet Ruby comes along and to see the love of your life so tender and sweet to the new love of your life. Well it's enough to make you wonder how your heart can contain that kind of joy.

So here's to the best person I know- Edward Andrew Luksys- you are wonderful and I love you a ridiculous amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment