So we went to the ER because my hand was completely numb and I couldn't move most of my finger. Kind of scary. So after a morning in the ER and then a few days later I went to a hand surgeon, it has been determined I didn't severe my tendon (my big fear b/c then I would of probably had to have surgery) but I nicked it and have some nerve damage. It's not too painful mostly just annoying. The hand doc said I just had to not put any weight on it for a few weeks. Um yeah that's a tall order for a mom of a newborn. So that weekend Andy had his work cut out for him that weekend but then he had to go to work so we called in for reinforcements...
Thank goodness Annette was able to come down here and help out. I really don't know how we would of made it without her. She even got up with me in the middle of the night to change Ruby's diaper. That's love.
Then when Annette left my BFF Sara and Drew came down to spend the weekend with us. I may or may not have told her before she came down that I wasn't able to change diapers ;) Needless to say they stepped up and were just awesome to help. They even baby-sat one night so Andy and I could go on a date. I love Sara and Drew and am crazy excited they will have their own little one next year!
So it's getting better slowly and I survived yesterday and so far today on my own. I can move my fingers a little bit more each day and hopefully will be back to normal before too long!
Attempting to give a thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment