Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Didn't think I would be back so soon.....

I so thought my next blog post would be some incredibly sappy love story about how Ruby is a perfect angel baby and attempting to express how much we are in love with her. Well all of that is absolutely true but wanted to update that I am writing this from a hospital bed.

So, yeah, I'm back in the hospital. This last week has been rough. I thought it was just normal rough because, well, I have no basis of comparison. I had been having some crazy intense cramping and just feeling overall achy and sore, but again, I thought that was to be expected after having a baby. Yesterday morning though I woke up about 4 am and couldn't stop shaking and chattering uncontrollably and was just freezing cold even with a bunch of heavy blankets on me. I toughed it out for a few hours, then took my temperature that afternoon and it was 101.6, the nurse at my doctors office told me I needed to go immediately to the ER.

After seeing several doctors they know I have an infection, but they don't know if it is in my uterus, breast, or both. Since they don't know they are treating it all which means me being stuck in bed hooked up to an IV all day. Supposedly I should get released tomorrow. I am feeling better now with all the pain pills and antibiotics but scared about them not knowing exactly what is going on with my body.

Since I was feeling so sick yesterday I was not able to breast feed and Ruby got her first bottle with formula. Man oh man. As if I wasn't emotional enough, then I started the "my baby doesn't need me" and "I can't care for my daughter" emotions that made me cry most of the day. It wasn't just that though, at one point I asked Andy what my mom was going to make us for dinner before we had to go to the ER and he said pot roast. Well there I was in the middle of the ER waiting room crying "I love pot roast so much!" Yeah, I was/continue to be a mess. I know this is small beans in the big scheme of things and we will go home soon but I will just say this has been a tough week. Thank the sweet Lord in heaven above that my parents just happen to arrive day before yesterday and they have been SO helpful. We definitely couldn't of done this without their help.

Promise you guys I will post some fun Ruby stuff when I get a chance and of course gratuitous amounts of photos.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley! That must be so hard! Please know that you are in my prayers - that you will be better very soon so that you can love on your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I am so sorry that you have had such a crappy time! I really hope that it gets better, we are praying for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Ashley I'm so sorry. I'll say some prayers for you. Let me know if I can do anything! I am coming to see y'all as soon as Brian gets back in town.

    ReplyDelete