I'm tougher than I thought I am. Pregnancy is hard. I survived 38 weeks of it.
My body is amazing. (Not in that way, just in a wow, look at how is changes and adapts way)
I can have so much love for someone I've never met.
A completely new level of happiness that I didn't even know existed. I often told Andy I feel like every single day lately has felt like the morning you wake up of a big vacation you've been looking forward to for a really long time and it's finally here.
I married my perfect partner. He has been amazing through this whole thing, taking care of the house, cooking for me, not letting me want for anything, researching all things baby, loading up on the "You are so beautiful" s when I feel like a whale. Couldn't ask for more.
Eating for two is really really fun.
People are way nicer to you when you are pregnant. I get lots of smiles and lots of small talk from strangers. Last night we were at Lowes and Andy and the cashier weren't agreeing on a price of something and it turned into a thing and ended with Andy saying "Well I will just go to Home Depot and get it then" even with the confrontation the cashier still turned to me and started asking me questions about the baby. It was awkward and really funny.
No matter how many months of feeling a baby moving inside of me and seeing her kick my stomach, I will never get over how crazy it feels.
Being able to paint your toe nails is a luxury.
I serve an AWESOME God. Seriously, how anyone could go through this and not think it is anything less than a miracle really blows my mind. God's perfect timing of giving us 9 months to prepare- perfect. The fact that He made to where we can begin bonding with our child through feeling movement and seeing kicks- perfect. The fact that our bodies are capable of making a HUMAN- amazing. What a mighty and giving God I serve.
Don't google image search mucus plug, bloody show, or stretch marks. Seriously bad idea. Don't think I can ever get those images out of my brain. I warned you...
Pickles are de-lish. How cliche am I?
I knew having a child would obviously change me, but even being pregnant has changed me in way I didn't expect. I think my mama bear instinct has already kicked in, I'm definitely a lot more protective of people I love, a lot more emotional, and worry less about things that seemed pretty important to me before (house, $, things) and more about the "big stuff"(loving Jesus, my relationships, what kind of life I want to lead).
Maternity pants are awesome and nearly make the puking, exhaustion, being ginormous, and all the other fun stuff you get to experience worth it. I am going to miss them. A lot.
I have heard about how awesome maternity pants are. A few coworkers of mine never stopped wearing them ;p
ReplyDelete