Ewwwww.....I'm not convinced of it's cuteness. We try to figure out what to do with the little guy, so we call my mom. For this to be funny, you have to realize I have the most gentle, caring person in the whole world as a mom. So I call her up and her advice? "Find a 2x4 and knock it as hard as we can over the head to kill it." LOL. Did I mention my mom was raised on a farm? Now I know that we are bleeding heart, granola eating, Austin living type, but that just cracked me up. For a while Andy tried to psyched himself up to do it, but the second he started telling me about how the possum has an abandoned family up in the trees that are scared I figured the 2x4 plan wasn't going to happen....
So we finally find the number for animal control and they agree to come out! About an hour later, and Andy nearly constantly checking on "his little guy", a nice lady from animal control came and got him. His poor little foot was almost completely broken off, she was going to take him directly to an emergency vet clinic. Thought that was pretty cool, because I totally figured they would just kill the animal but she said they try to rehabilitate them if they are able to.
Once I saw the possum up close in the cage, I have to admit they do have cute little faces. Just can't get past that nasty tail....
Okay, you need to put a warning to any pregnant vegan people who might be reading your blog that tears might result from reading! I really hope that little cutie was okay!! I've never seen a possum that close before, and while he is kind of freakish looking, the idea of his family up in the tree was enough to have me thinking about adopting him as our third pet!!
ReplyDelete