Friday, July 30, 2010

Update

So my dad is doing better- out of ICU- Woo hoo! I went back up there Thursday-Sunday so I could spend some time with them and try to help out when able. There was definitely progress since I had been there the week before. He will probably be in the hospital for a while but there is progress, he is even doing a little bit of physical therapy. I know it's going to be a long road, but my dad is the crazy maniac who ran a 100 mile race- TWICE! He is the toughest, strongest person I know and I cannot wait till we look back at this whole situation as the little bump in the road that changed us all in a good way.

Here he is running a race through the mud, I wasn't kidding- the man is hard-core...


After spending a little bit of time in the hospital I start to get a little restless. Maybe it's just me and my toddler-like need for constant stimulation, but I cannot sit and read issue after issue of Southern Living, so I've come up for a few hospital games...

"Where's McDreamy?" So in this game we attempt to find lool-alikes for all the cast members from Grey's Anatomy. Found George, Callie, Lexi (dead-tinger for her!), McSteamy (this was the most exciting find for obvious reason ;) ),and Alex. I have high hopes for finding McDreamy at some point..we gotta have goals people...

"How many 65 cents lattes can I drink?" I think this game is self-explanatory, but can you believe I can get a swiss mocha for a mere 65 cents- eat your heart out Starbucks!

"Stink eye" There was one doctor that was rude and short with us, I haven't seen him again but am practicing my best stink eye so I will be prepared to visually say "check yourself before you wreck yourself mister"- and yes it can be hard to portray that with just a look-thus the need to practice...



I just want to reiterate how blessed I am to have all of you in my life. My phone and inbox has just been blowing up the past couple of weeks with so much love and support and it means the world. We went to church Wednesday night and had so many people come up to me and tell me they had been praying. I even had a friend whom I had kinda lost contact with call me and offer to give me a round trip flight to Tulsa- so thoughtful and generous! Seriously, what amazing people I am surrounded by. Thank you. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment