I don't even know where to begin...what a crazy week. I will give you the cliff notes of the past couple of of weeks. As a lot of you know my dad has been sick. It got real bad last week after he had his gallbladder removed and eventually lead to a diagnosis of Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Guillain-Barré syndrome is a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. Yea, I know, it sounds bad but he received treatment and is already making progress. He has been is lots of pain but is making lots of progress. He may even get released from ICU today!
There are a lot of good things that have already come out of this- our family is so much closer, it made us realize how precious our short lives are, what is really important in life, and just how big our support system is. We have received insane amounts of notes, emails, text, all sorts of encouragement, but most of all prayer. I know we all know this, but let me say it again- prayer works. It works! Do we always get the answer we want? Maybe not, but boy does God hear us! Prayers for the doctor to figure out what was going on- BOOM! Answered! Prayers that the pain levels get under control- BOOM! Answered! Prayers for the family to be strong! BOOM! Answered! Okay, so I could go on and on, but I will just simply say the God I serve is so good.
He still has a long road ahead of him for sure so I ask for you to keep him in your thoughts and prayers!
Here is a link to the press release, it goes into a little more detail....
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/2news-chief-meteorologist-dan-threlkeld-hospitalized-with-rare-condition
Hey Ashley - I had no idea your dad was ill, I'm glad to see that he is recovering and hope that he continues to get better! Let me and Scott know if you need anything (babysitting Molly included)!!
ReplyDelete