Thursday, June 24, 2010

Justification for my awful taste in music

So, I am paying bills online, returning emails, catching up on my facebook, you know, all the important things ;) and decided to listen to the billboard top 100 songs of 1999 on my itunes. AMAZING! How could I of forgotten?
I wonder if everyone think the music that came out when they were in high school was some of the classics because of all the awesome teenage memories associated with it? I feel like in my case, absolutely- I know that Semisonic, Jewel, and the Goo Goo Dolls are not nearly as amazing as I think they are, and not bands that any future generations will know, but they will always hold a special place in my heart. For me Spice Girls will forever be associated with sleepover with my best friends, feeling as free as bird driving around listening to Beastie Boys with boys I had crushes on, and of course singing any and all things Back Street Boys with my best friend in her gold buick.
Anywho, just taking a trip down memory lane while I jam out to "Gettin Jiggy with It"

So, here for your listening pleasure, okay, maybe just mine, here's a 90's "classic" if we can call it that...



LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with the spice girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few months ago we went to a sing-a-long at the drafthouse for songs from 1999, and yes, it was every bit as amazing as you are imagining! You should look out for that event and totally go if they ever do it again!! :)

    ReplyDelete