Tuesday, October 13, 2009

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A!

What a wonderful weekend! I was able to spend a long weekend in Sand Springs OK! I got to spend 4 whole days of eating lots of yummy food, seeing lots of family and friends, and lounging around which was WONDERFUL. I had not been home since last Christmas and this trip was long over-due! It was the perfect weekend, thank Mom and Dad for making it so great!

One of my favorite things to do with my mom is to cook. I've talked on here several times before how she is the best cook ever, so I try to learn as much as I can from her. Here is a few of the wonderful meals I chowed down on(there was some yummy noises made, I'm not going to lie)-

Chipotle Turkey sandwich on blueberry and corn bread with dressed salad greens and a harvest couscous with cranberries/currants/squash.

Spinach tortellini soup



Chicken enchiladas!

Another really fun thing we did was go to the Sand Springs Soap Box Derby race. My dad's station had 2 cars they entered. One was a storm chaser (from last year) and then the Tornado. This is the car Andy had built and then my dad made a tornado body for it. It was really cool looking. It was such a fun event to just walk around and see all the different cars and their drivers. My Aunt Debbie, Aunt Cheryl, and cousin Madison all came down to the race. It was SO great to see them and to get to actually hang out, it had been a really long time and we had lots of laughs. It was fun to go around to all the vendors and we got tons of free t-shirts, balls, pens, candy, all sorts of good stuff!


So many creative cars!



Saturday evening my friend Sara and her mom, Linda came up to Tulsa for a girl's night out. I consider Sara and her family, the Jenkins like family, and I spend many many weekends in middle and high school over at their house so it was so good to get to see them. We went to the new Hard Rock Casino and had dinner and gambled a bit. We ate at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. They stayed the night and Sara and I had a good old fashioned sleep over where we stayed up late, laughed, tried to learn to dance from youtube videos, you know, fun things that you can only do with a best friend!



Then Sunday afternoon my friends Holly and Marie, also whom I've been friends with since middle school, drove up to Tulsa to visit. We went shopping and then ate at Los Cabos in Jenks. They are such good friends and no matter how many people I meet in my life, there is just no relationship like a girlfriends you've had forever. They know all my stories, how easily excited and spazzy I can be, seen my numerous faux pas and love me anyways.



The whole trip was amazing and I do miss living in Oklahoma but just in the few short years we've lived in Austin I do feel like this is our home and miss my life we've made here when I am away for more than a few days. I really hope that one day I can live closer than 8 hours from family and friends, but until then it just makes the times we do have together that much more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment