Monday, September 28, 2009

Dallas weekend with the Parents!

So Andy built a box car derby racer (apparently it is called a gravity racer though if you are an adult though) for my dad. This is the second year for my dad's to compete for him work in a soap box derby race. The race is in a couple weeks, so we met half way between Tulsa and Austin, in Dallas, to exchange the derby car. The boys went to a big Top-Fuel/dragster race (hopefully I called it the right thing-sorry boys if I didn't!) and my mom and I spend the day together roaming around Dallas.


We went to Galleria mall (neither of us had ever been there), it is huge! We did some serious shopping. I think the highlight of our afternoon together was going to Penzey Spices. I've mentioned this before, but my mom is serisouly the best cook ever. Seriously. She is all about quality ingredient and buys all her spices from this catalog-Penzey's. Well Penzey's has a store in Dallas, so you better believe that we went! Equipped with her page long list that only someone with OCD could appreciate, we had fun picking out spices, which is a hard thing to do when there is 5 different types of any spice you could ever imagine. I bought some things there and am super excited to try them out!
We also went to Sprinkle's Cupcakes. How to I even begin to describe the deliciousness of these little bits of heavens? They were AMAZING. This is a cupcake place that started in Beverly Hills, and I've heard of celebrities being obsessed with them, well now us common folks can have a taste of the good life too! Mmmmmmmmm.

After the race we all ate dinner together and then Andy and I headed over to Midlothian to visit Andy's sister's family. It was so good to get to see everyone, but sad since it was such a short trip and didn't get to really spend much time with our nieces. I forgot to take pictures unfortunately, but we had a blast and am looking forward to seeing them again hopefully soon!
The race!





It was a fabulous weekend, but so glad to be home and get back to life. I even got a guarantee from Andy that the bathroom would be finished by the end of the week- we'll see....
Have a great week everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend. Can't wait to see pictures of your completed bathroom!!

    ReplyDelete