On Monday I found out that I will be laid off sometime between November and January. I work for Quitline, which is a division of American Cancer Society. All of Quitline will be let go. There will be no more Quitline. Crazy. This is about 300+ employees.
I have only told a couple of people in the last couple of days as I am still trying to process how I feel about this. It really took me by surprise. The day I found out I was really at peace about it and almost excited (thanks to the unwaivering support of my husband who thought it was "a great blessing") but then the last couple of days I've begun to feel angry at ACS (lots of bad decision behind this) and sad because I really will miss my co-workers. On one hand, it certainly was not my dream job but there was certainly lots of benefits of it (work from home, getting off at 3pm every day, low stress).
I have been struggling with where exactly I was suppose to be in life for a long time- work, family, school, lots of options and not a clear answer. Well Priase God for making the decision whether I should work for ACS very clear! I know this is a part of the journey and as sad as I am about this I know it is God's plan and everything will work out!
No comments:
Post a Comment