Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pinterest Fail


Have ya'll seen this website?
http://www.pinterestfail.com/

It cracks me up and makes me feel better that a good chunk of my projects don't turn out how I imagined them. Here's my most recent one....

Inspiration:
(http://theembellishednest.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/pinterest-challenge-diy-wall-art/)

(http://theembellishednest.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/pinterest-challenge-diy-wall-art/)



Easy right? Tape up a blank canvas and just paint your heart out. Take the tape off and boom you've got yourself a masterpiece!

I will say this, we had some serious fun making it. Thankfully our friends Chez and Eliza came over do it with us. 
Two happy, messy girls


then she crawled out to the yard and started playing in the dirt, i figured what's a little dirt with some paint?


Add caption

our masterpieces! i use the term masterpiece loosely...



So then I peeled the tape off and it wasn't the big reveal I was hoping for. It was u-g-l-y and it didn't have no alibi.

So, a week or so I decided to re-do it. I taped it up again and had a little better idea of what I wanted this time.



better!

her happy home on the mantle

I'm currently working on another pinterest project gone wrong. It's funny how bad this guy has turned out. Can't wait to share another failure with you soon. I've got to go waste another 12 hours on it first though....

1 comment: