Enter Sara McBride.
She rocked my world this weekend. Most of you know she is one of my oldest friends and has been driving me crazy since 6th grade. I say that because Sara and I couldn't be more opposite. I'm a sitter, she is a do-er. I'm a "eh- looks good enough" kind of girl, she's a "let's double check that with a ruler" kind of girl. Wow, as I read this, maybe our only difference is just that I'm lazy, but let's say I'm not as intrinsically rewarded by project completion as Sara is because that sounds a heck of a lot better than me being lazy and it's my blog so I can put whatever kind of spin I want on my bad habits right?
I digress, so Sara drove down from OKC Friday and we did a little shopping, a little frozen yogurt eating- because I am convinced Ruby cannot go more than a day w/o some sort of frozen dairy product, so in the spirit of being a good mother I have been sacrificing and eating ice cream at least once (cough cough twice) a day.
So we spent nearly all day Saturday shopping. It was seriously more shopping than I've done the last few years put together. But we got it all. Let me repeat that cause it feels so good to say. We got it all. Seriously, Ruby could come tomorrow (Please God don't let her come tomorrow) and it would be okay!
If you ever want to test a friendship and really see what kind of person you are dealing with, I suggest being the most crazy indecisive person ever and spending an hour on the diaper bag aisle. Seriously, I was even starting to make myself crazy. Diaper bags are so hard to figure out! I mean this is basically going to be your purse for like 2 years, that kind of commitment to an accessory is scary. But after MUCH debate she helped me decide (I got the one on the right) and didn't waver in her commitment to helping me find a diaper bag. That's love people.
Everything got bought, washed, organized and put up. Then we completed the nursery. Again, indulge me and let me say these beautiful sentences twice. The nursery is completed. Man, that makes my crazy brain a little less crazy knowing that. I will post pictures of the nursery soon, but I feel like it deserves it's own post. Sara McBride + completed nursery pics in one blog= too much awesomeness. Your computer might explode. Let's not risk it.
Folding and organizing clothes by size...
One of my favorite things we did was make a bunch of art for a wall of frames that are all Beatles themed. As you can tell I really put a lot of effort into them ;) Seriously, that whole I'm not lazy theory is coming into question with this picture. Sara was working hard photo-shopping all sorts of things for Ruby's room, and well, I'm clearly not. Come on people give me a little bit of a break, can I pull out the 8 month pregnant card to excuse this?
Andy+ Sara= funny combination because they are both very thorough and precise in how they think something should be done and it doesn't always match up. I'm so glad they are such good friends too.
So it was an amazing weekend and just what this 36 week pregnant mama needed. Not just the taking care of business part of it. But to spend 72 hours with my best friend talking all things baby, using the phrase "so stinkin cute" no less than 300 times, and feeling so very loved that she cares so much about Ruby and I.
Okay, I can't stand it, gotta show off the nursery a little, here is a sneak peek.
Love you Sara! Thank you x 100!
Ashley! I am so happy you have such a good friend and that you two got so much time together. It must be such a relief to have so much stuff done for the baby!
ReplyDelete