Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weirdness

So I doubted I would ever be able to say these words but I say them with great pleasure- We are a one car family.

Now for most people that wouldn't be a big deal but our drive way has basically been a car lot since we moved here. At one point we were up to 5 cars. Yes, we are those trashy neighbors that you hate and are junking up the neighborhood. I always felt bad about it. Well, one by one we sold the cars. Now we are down to my Mazda! Now, we do still have the Nova, but I am not counting it since it is barely even recognizable as a car. No floor, motor, suspension, steering, seats, it is a metal shell. And with our baby girl coming the Nova probably won't get much attention for awhile.
Poor neglected Nova...


We were down to the Mazda and the truck. The truck was ginormous, old, and not much to look at but boy how we loved that truck. It made many a project possible, it helped move more people than I can count, and was just an awesome reliable truck. We felt okay about selling it though because we don't have any more big house projects planned any time soon, gas is so expensive, and Andy sold it for more than he bought it for 4 years ago which is pretty awesome.

Good bye truck, you will truly be missed!


So eventually Andy will buy a more family friendly car but for now he has been taking the bus and riding his bike to work which he oddly loves. Times are a changin that's for sure and I'm loving it!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I knew you could get down to a regular number of vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Andy! Keep it up! I don't think my Z will last much longer either. Family first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, crazy! I know how much you loved that truck! But yeah, probably not the right kind of vehicle for a car seat. :)

    Cody secretly wants to bike to work, but he doesn't want to get there all sweaty. NI must have showers. No one would buy insurance from the sweaty dude with bike helmet hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chez- you can tell Cody we would still buy insurance from him helmet hair or not! and yes, NI has showers so Andy is going to start showering there to save $ on water bill- this may be the cheapest thing he's ever done and that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete