I just got back last night from an AMAZING four days in NYC. We walked all around the city, we ate, we saw the sights, then we ate some more. I think I will do a whole other post on the yumminess that is NYC food. It was just such an awesome trip but as great as the city was my favorite part was just getting to hang out with my friends I don't get to see very often as Holly and Marie live in OKC and Sheiva lives in New Jersey. We have been friends since middle school and there is a good possibility we are still friends because we have too much blackmail material on each other not to be ;) No, I am lucky to call Marie, Holly, and Sheiva my friends and I already miss them! Special shout out to Sheiva- she was an AWESOME tour guide! She showed us the ropes, made us not look like tourist for a couple of days, thanks to her we were even able to get around on the subway w/o her because she taught us so well! Thank you so much Sheiva for being pretty much the coolest person I know.
Chicago on Broadway!
Washington Square Park
As close as we got to the Statue of Liberty, pretty cool to see. It was the other side of town but I'm glad we went. We may or may not have paid our respects by singing "Proud to be an American" while looking at it.
Times Square
At night
During the day
Rockafeller Center was super cool, I totally geeked out and just kept thinking about my eternal love for all things Tina Fey.
Dylan's candy store- 3 levels of sugary goodness.
Central Park is GINORMOUS. We just saw a little bit of it and were amazed.
View from our hotel room- Natural History Museum and Central Park. Way to be awesome Holly and book the best hotel ever!
So yeah, it was a super fun trip and again I'm struck by how lucky I am to get to do amazing things like this- but then the icing on the cake is I get to come home to my better-than-everything-in-NYC life I have with my sweet husband and crazy puppy dog.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment