Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Goodbye smuglies

Our couches were gross. Not like dirty (although one time we did find a dirty fork in between the cushions) but just ugly. I hated them. I couldn't justify new ones though because these were only five years old and they worked. Man, they were comfy too. Darn you overstuffed cushions that felt so good to snuggled down into. Also we have people over a lot and although our friends are good sports about having to sit on the floor or some uncomfortable folding chair we definitely needed more seating.

Anyways, my friend Jessica is awesome and found some sweet deals on craigslist for me. I knew I wanted a Karlstad sectional. It just seemed like the most practical couch, great price, lots of seating. I was about to pull the trigger on one couch for $300 ( I think they are like $400 new + whatever for the differnet slipcover they had on it), then the next day she sent me another link for two couches for $350. Yes please!

So I was pumped to find out they were only six months old and had been sitting in a lobby of some fancy office building so had little to no real use. Score! Plus when we went to pick them up they threw in four throw pillows and had some guys load it up in the truck for us. Double score!

So thanks to Jessica for the sweet find and also my my friend Rachel for being our driver (we sure do miss our truck sometimes but we've got the 2nd best thing- friends with trucks ;) )

Old couches, again, not bad, just big and dark and didn't allow for much seating


My new beauties I heart so much....


Come over and sit on them with me!!!!

1 comment: