I'm going to let the pictures tell the story because these definitely speak for themselves. I will just say that pizza was a feast for the senses. The visual on this things was just crazy, you couldn't help but laugh looking at it. Then the smell of all that cheese and pepperoni hits you over the head. It.was.glorious.
Why am I holding a baking sheet? OH NO MY FRIENDS! THAT'S A PLATE! That's how we knew we were in for an experience
Rachel showing off it's amazingness
Our group- Paul, Rachel, Erin, Jonathan, Lindsay, Me/Ruby, and Andy
Did I let me 5 months old eat pizza? Of course not! Did she bit off a piece and me freak out? Maybe. I think that makes her first real food a 42 inch pizza...making the Luksys name proud.
I love this picture because it shows what her real smile looks like. She scrunches up her nose and smiles and those two little teeth show- melts me every time. I work for that smile a portion of every single day.
We rolled out of Big Lou's and needed to burn off some of that pizza and since we didn't have the time to walk the hundred miles necessary to do that we decided to just walk around San Antonio a bit.
Despite the drizzle and cooler tempatures Ruby was such a trooper. She was just looking all around and even managed to take a little cat nap.
The girls!
Then we headed to Lulu's! They are famous for both their 3 pound cinamon rolls and their chicken fried steak. We went there for the cinnamon rolls but Jonathan also ordered the chicken fried steak. I knew we were with the right group for this trip when Jonathan ate a chicken fried steak in between a 42 inch pizza and 3 pound cinnamon roll.
That's my girl!
To say Ruby got lots of loving on and attention this trip would be an understatement. It is such a gift to not only have such good friends but to have friends that love our baby so much.
So there it is. The day we consumed more calories that any human should be allowed. Did we totally just ruin the past few weeks of super eating healthy? Definitely. But I would say it was totally worth it. I've come to terms that this last bit of pregnancy weight may be sticking around for a little bit and if I get to eat have fun days like this as a result of it then so be it. There won't be any bikini's this summer but I will smile every time I think of Ruby going to town on that pizza crust...
No comments:
Post a Comment