Thursday, January 19, 2012

4 Months!

Does every single parent wake up and wonder how it is possible that their kid got so grown up like every single day? I sure do. We bought a digital video camera a few weeks ago and I keep telling Andy that is we just set it up and film her overnight I'm pretty sure if we watched it in fast forward we could see little elves come in a stretch her out (that's how kids grow right?). What I'm getting at, in a very weird way, is she is ginormous. Okay, I mean she's still a baby and tiny and cute, but changing so very much.

Alright, here are some 4 month Ruby facts:

Weight: 13lbs 12oz (55th percentile)
Height: 24 1/2 inches (62 percentile)

-She rolls over! Front to back and back to front! This is one of those things that seems pretty lame if you don't have a kid but over the past few weeks Andy and I have spend many a night just sitting on the floor in hopes of seeing the miraculous event that is our baby rolling over.

-Ruby is a stand up kind of girl. Literally. She wants to be "standing up" most of the time. She locks her legs and gets fussy if you try to lay her on her back too much.

-She has found her thumb finally. She's been searching for it for awhile but low and behold that pesky thumb came out of hiding and she is loving it. I'm not too worried about it because well, I got bigger fish to fry. If it helps calm her down then I'm a fan of it. Five years from now I may have a different opinions but for now...ehhh...

-I bit myself in the butt last time bragging about her sleep. We are really struggling with sleeping these days. She just wants to be up and around and playing all the time. Aren't babies suppose to need a lot of sleep? I call it a good day if she sleeps for more that 2 hours total for naps (where as before she was doing at least 2-3 long naps each day). I have read so much about all the different sleep training methods and am really struggling with how to handle it. I think she is still too young for any kind of sleep training but also don't want to form bad habits that are going to be harder to break later on. Right now we are still doing middle of the night feedings but only if it's been 4+hours since she's eaten, if it hasn't then we just pat or rock her back to sleep. She is waking up at least every 2 hours. It's been rough.

Happy little girl


Not many 4 month olds have pony tails...
(this picture kills me- she looks like a freakin toddler!)

Rocking the heck out of her first real pair of jeans. They have a little fly and everything- Sqeeee!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that girl is adorable! I'm sorry about the sleep. I know first hand how frustrating/exhausting that is for a mama. Let me know if you decide to sleep train. I will gladly keep you company if you have to leave her with Andy for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete