Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MIA

So I haven't blogged in a while because, well, I have zero to blog about. Just wanted to check in and say I've been one lazy little lady the past couple of weeks. It has been cold and rainy and perfect laying on the couch and watching movies kind of weather. Now, I will ignore the fact that I am pretty lazy and enjoying laying around no matter what the weather, but if I can use icky weather to justify my sloth-like behavior- sweet!

I am actually getting tired of doing nothing and am really ready for Spring. Ready for the sunshine and going for walks everyday (poor Molly is pretty wound up with our lack of walk), working outside, going on picnics, hiking, and lots of home projects of course!

Spring to do list:
*New fence
*Put in limestone pavers around flower bed
*Attempt to make our flower beds not look terrible- I'm okay with them not looking great, just not terrible as they currently do
*Reseed the front yard (not even messing with the back, we are going to sod the whole thing next fall)
* *fingers crossed* scrape popcorn off living room ceiling
*Finish up master bathroom (recently painted walls and cabinets and replaced light fixtures)- need to replace faucets and little accessory stuff/art/shower curtain
*Redo curtains in the kitchen- add more fabric to them, they look more like fabric panels just hanging there, i don't like it...
*Attempt to make some art with some beautiful old crusty wood we left outside for like a year
* Sew some "spring-y" pillows for the living room

Whew! Just writing that was exhausting. I'm looking forward to it all though. I'm trying to find more projects that I can do completely on my own (which is tough since I'm kind of a weenie) because Andy is in NOVA-mode lately, working on his car a lot.
I will have to post a picture later cause it is looking crazy! This morning he asked me if I would help him with it tonight, to which I returned with a lip snarl that could only mean "um, no thanks." But then he told me what he was doing tonight- busting out the front windshield! YES! Lip snarl be gone! I think busting up that car will be the cathartic activity I need to say "Hey Nova, I know my man spends a lot of time with you, but you's be nothing but a car so boo-ya" I asked if I could throw a brick through the front window, he said no it could mess with the rest of the car. But if you've seen the rest of the car you would know that isn't much of an excuse. So here's to hoping I get to throw a brick through a windshield tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment