I had a true blue Austin-y night out on the town and since I am suppose to be working but we are having major technical issues (both pro and con of working from home) thought I would share my adventure.
Let's start with my companions for the evening- my way awesome friends John and Kim. John is the coolest. Period. I have to nod knowingly every once in a while and pretend like I know what band/current event/whatever he is talking about so my complete lack of coolness isn't found out and he reevaluates our friendship. Kim is the kindest, most gentle spirit I've ever know and one of my best friends in the true sense of the word. So yeah, that's why I had a good night- I got to hang out with these guys.
Our night started at Casa de Luz- an organic, vegan, macrobiotic- well just throw about every hippie word you can use to describe food- kind of restaurant. What an experience. We started with salads, broccoli soup, and twig tea (ps. John wins the quote of the night for "This is the best twig tea of my life"). Then we were brought our entrees. I won't even try to explain what all it was because, well, I don't know what all it was. Most of it was good, I would even go out on a twig (hehe) to say some of it was down right delicious.
So after you have a healthy macrobiotic meal the clear choice for dessert is ginormous donuts of course, so we went to Gordoughs. This may be hard to express is written form, but let me try. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.
For reals dude.
Amazing. If I knew how to write a haiku, I would write one about the spiritual connection I had with our coconut and chocolate covered raspberry filled donut. Yes, it's haiku worthy.
I know this is an awful picture, but it captures the moment so well. We were all happy and excited to tear into that donut that we were giddy.
Gordough was along with some other trailers (I'm begining to think some of the best food comes from trailers) in a really neat little area with tons of picnics tables, quintessential Austin experience to eat a table with strangers with food from a trailer.
To finish off the evening we did what I like to do every weekend- attend a dracula themed moon bounce party. Yes, you read that right. And yes, it was awesome. Not many pictures of that, because, well we were busy getting our moon bounce on!
So that was my fun Friday night out enjoying this amazing city I get to live it and my even more amazing friends. Who knew perfect Friday night started with twig tea and ended with a moon bounce?
Cool! I've been curious about Casa de Luz, but it sounds kind of crazy, even for me. Maybe I'll try it now! (Maybe you can go with me to help navigate the menu?)
ReplyDelete