Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 1 in San Francisco

So we just got back late Tuesday night from a super fun trip to San Francisco! I really do have the sweetest husband in the whole world and he surprised me with this trip for Valentine's day! I have been looking forward to it every day since then. I was going to attempt to just do one blog entry, but to avoid a mile long blog entry I am going to break it up into days....
So here we go! We got there Saturday morning around 10 am and rode the subway from the airport into town. Luckily Andy is awesome at figuring out public transportation, because San Fran has a bunch. In 4 days we rode a subway, bus, street car, and of course cable car all around town!

So we walked around downtown for a bit and found our rental car place and got a car and drove across the Golden Gate and up to Muir Woods! I have wanted to see the Redwood Forrest forever so I had been looking forward to this the most. It was short (but insanely twisty) 45 minute drive from the city.




We were starving after our long trek through the wilderness ;) so we headed back to town and ate at a super cool 125 year old Italian restaurant. We got to eat at a lot of cool places because we bought some gift certificates off restaurants.com where you can get $25 gifts cards for $2. Yea for good eats on the cheap!

Yummy calamari!

What lasagna should look like, I may make this my screen savers ;)


After our de-lish meal we hit up one of my favorite places to visit when we travel- Trader Joes! It's a super affordable grocery store that has a lot of healthy products! I heart it. I took an entire empty suit case to fill up with my Trader Joe goodies, it was packed!

The first day in San Francisco was awesome, but we were excited to get out and walk the streets the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment